Saturday 28 July 2012

Inspired me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWXFoLqYeg
Faun. Part 1 - In the Spirit of Diaghilev Choreographer : Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui

I saw this on the ABC a couple of weekends ago and have been searching for it ever since. I'm not normally into this kind of thing, but I do seem to have a weak spot for brilliant choreography mixed with music and visual cues, which just sent me into raptures on this piece. When I watch the dance shows, the pieces that really push my buttons are the interruptive dances.

I love how in the beginning of the piece the faun is very inhuman, and even the girl is also almost fairy like, but as they come together the forest opens out and it becomes something so much more! I also love the constant spiralling movements; only a couple of times (in error I think) do the dancers pause or break that spiralling.

It's moment like this I wish I could do choreography, even though I know nothing about dance!

It also recalled to me a performance that has stuck in my head from (I think) the Think You Can Dance series in the USA - which I also managed to find on the internet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuefUAK_FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...