Sunday 22 July 2012

1st biscuits 2012

I know I'm really old to have made my first biscuits, but its true. I finally bit the bullet, yanked out a recipe from Nan's little book, and made biscuits. It was really, really hard. I make alot of packet cakes of late, but not anything from recipes. At the moment, its difficult for me to concentrate on recipes - and this one was a doozy. It was all in old measurements, and then I found I didn't have a scale - so I had to convert everything to cups. Later, Mum told me I could have used my tablespoon as a measuring device, darn it. 

The biscuits had castor sugar, self raising flour, butter, vanilla essence and 1 egg, which sounded easy. The best bit was rolling out the little balls on the trays. And no instructions on time or heat in the oven - I had to guess that - it just said 'until golden brown'. So I had to keep opening the oven to check.

But they seem to have worked. The first batch was a bit uneven, but the rest were uniform (except for the square one!) and they taste great (a bit too sweet though - if I do it again I'll cut the sugar in half). They are hard when you tap them on their side on the bench, but not too hard when you bite into them. I'm not big on biscuits that break your teeth.
I feel so proud...

The layout is for the Scrapboxx Fortnightly Challenge (Leanne A) - Lime, aqua and orange and my current journal - book of me.

Ingredients: Rouge de garance patterned paper, Bazzill Artesian pool, orange uniball pen, Anita's lacey stickers, Anita's butterfly, Doodlebug daisy flower sticker, selection of Brads from Basic Grey & My Minds Eye, Adorn it letter stickers, DeLish letter rub ons, etc

1st Biscuits 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...