Saturday 21 November 2020

If I'd Lived 100 Years Ago....

Digital scrapbooking page I created for the November 2020 challenge for Artastic


Text reads : What if I'd been born in 1869 instead of 1969? With my father being an Accountant I'd be part of middle class society in the time of Queen Victoria. My brother would inherit an properly or estates inherited by my father. My mother probably would have seen to our upbringing with Nanny and then a Governess. I would have enjoyedp ressing flowers from the garden, stitching, reading and drawing. I probably would have enjoyed playing a piano if we had one of those in the house. I would have married a man in my class, unless I fell for someone in a class below me, and gone and lived with him and/or his family. I would not have enjoyed wearing a corset or other gadgets, but with little access to cocolate I probably would have had a nice waist. Four children, and a room for Mama after Father died, and my brother and his wife took over the family home/estate such as it was. Life would have been tough in Australia but I wouldn't have been doing it as tough as x-convicts or those of much lower classes. I would have seen or heard of federation in 1901 in my 30's. I may have survived through the Boer War, World War I and Wold War II, seen the railway engines and birth of the motorcar, though only my Aunt would be well off enough to own one. I think I would have enjoyed the challenge. But I'm glad I was born in 1969 and not 1869.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...