Sunday 29 March 2020

Make your own stamps... who would have thought?

The March 2020 Kraft + challenge was to create your own stamps. Instead of using traditional potatoes or rubber, I just lifted imprints from items in my craft room - mostly paint or varnish bottles and pens.

I inked these onto cardboard with black ink, scanned them into my computer, and then opened my trusty Fireworks app and cut and pasted each in, changed their colour, and created a digi scrapbooking page with them. It was mega fun. I never would have thought half of those things would look like that when inked.

Arty Farty - digi scrapbooking page using my homemade 'stamps'
triangular ones = rip cord from the soya sauce bottle
block lines = wooden pegs from art canvases
look like screws = rubber end on a pencil with a cross cut into it
small circles with white centres - plastic thumb tack head
circles around photos = JoSonya varnish bottle base
pink and white scrape marks at back = old bits of balsa wood inked and dragged across page
bar code/bars close together = Betadine lid rolled on its side

some of the items inked in black on cardboard

some more of items inked in black on cardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...