Friday 26 January 2018

Experiments with Coffee Jan 2018

OK, its well known I'll try anything once and I just soak up new techniques all the time, so when I heard about coffee as a medium for painting, I jumped right in there and gave it a go. It was fascinating! A lot of trial and error, but I did like the sepia painting results. It was a fine line to get the real contrasts; I had to go very light and shade up, and then put those darks right against the bright whites to get anything to pop. It's something I would go back to and experiment more with!

This page shows the first four paintings I did with the coffee. There was a fifth that I was not as happy with. Neat, huh?


Experiments with Coffee digi scrapbooking layout Jan 2018

The Kraft +Plus Jan 2018 challenge of caffeine seemed to shout out to me and remind me of all this art experimentation I did before my amazing christmas break. So that's what I've done my page on. I was inspired by the wood and coffee browns and wanted to keep the page as simple as possible with wood/metal and coffee. I really enjoyed doing this.

Kraft +Plus challenge Jan 2018


4 comments:

  1. Your experiments turned out beautifully Kylie; I especially like the different shades you achieved with coffee and the arched window looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your drawings with coffee look amazing, I love them... thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - your coffeee art is amazing! And what a great recoed of it you've created. So glad you could join the fun at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your coffee drawings are brilliant & so clever...perfect for this challenge! A really lovely layout to showcase your drawings :) Thanks for joining us this month over @ K+

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...