Sunday 18 June 2017

My Inner Baker - Jun 2017

I really enjoyed using inspiration from Double D Challenges Blue & White comp. Somehow these colours didn't suggest a card to me but a digi scrapbooking page instead and I channeled my inner baker.

For some years now its been difficult for me to follow recipes and concentrate enough in the kitchen to do anything except for what I know best. The last few years I have been able to follow the backs of packet cakes or cupcakes.

But very recently I finally have enough headspace to look at recipes again and bake things. It's a small step to some, but a giant leap forward (to quote a famous quote - thanks Neil) for me.

So I used this blue and white challenge to come up with a page featuring my most latest bakes and a bit about that for me. I used IRL items which I don't use that much these days - like the window (which I made into a cupboard) and the basket, and the french metal gate. I loved the colours of the challenge- all those blues and checks, metallic, greens and white.

My Inner Baker - digi scrapbooking page Double D June 2017




It's hard to describe to others how I put a page like this together, considering its so many elements over so many different kits. I do alot of changing colours and lighting on pieces to get them to match - particularly things like the key, whereas others like the tea pot I didn't edit at all. The basket, for example, was light brown cane with two teddy bears in it. I cut the teddies out and made the basket white and put my flowers 'into' it. The French metalwork was in gold and was around a fancy doorway, and I just cut out the bit I wanted and repeated it to make this pattern. The checked heart I used above the photos, but I also upsized it to make it the 'table cloth' for my basket. It was originally brown and white. I used a combination of material items and hard surfaces like wood and metal to match the inspiration photos.

Ingredients :

Kimeric Kollections Sisters - Patterned paper no 12 (blue background) | Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Light Wood 007 (white fence) | PrelestnayaP Because of You Element 28 (finding chainlet) | PrelestnayaP Designs Shades of Love Element 13 (key)  | Laithas Designs Nocturn Whispers Elements no 13 (linen page), M Mullens Among The Wildflowers kit - prong (finding slider),  Far Far Hills Sweet Christmas Dreams Skimersan 0011 (tea pot), Far Far Hills Feast Love Skimersan 008 (clock), Far Far Hills Gentle Spring 002 (basket), CSI #45 digi pieces (double window frame), Yalana Designs Light Feelings no 107 (cloth heart), Lara’s Digital World Bye Bye Summer Elements flower 1 (blue flower), Rachael’s Scraps Flowers Vol 24 no 6 (white flower), Disasterpiece Studios Goldilocks CU no 3 (gold cord), Far Far Hills Vintage Doors freebies kit 002 (French style metalwork), Lara’s Digital World Under Palm Tree - Fish Stripe (used for shape of fish), American Crafts City Park Patterned Paper no 2 - River Front Park (stripes/spots on fish), Far Far Hills Old Worn Metallic Surfaces 003 (silver work at top), JBS FreshLove - Sticker 20 (title is in it), my Nanna W’s cross shaped doiley.
Suppliers : Far Far Hills, Digi Chicks, Sugar Hill Co, Pickleberry Pop,  Sweet Shoppe Designs, American Crafts Digital, CSI digi freebies, etc

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful! The design of the scrapbook page is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous layout! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Blue & White’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous lay out and details. Fabulous attention to details. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for the next challenge.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...