Monday 13 June 2016

St Stephens Church Williamstown 2016

I visited St Stephens Church in Williamstown about a month ago, because I requested to see some stained glass windows; and wow; wasn't disappointed. The site was brimming with history and included an older wooden slat church still on the site.

When I saw the Forgeries on the Fourth for June 2016 I thought, 'how the heck am I going to make a page about the church (traditional / stained glass window feel) with THAT kit.' But hey, eventually you can make anything happen! I just left off all that pink (its not something you see alot of in stained glass windows).

The older church just happened to be the almost turquoise green colour in the kit, so although I changed the picture of it to black and white (to give the impression of its age) I added the colour to my timber patterned paper in the background.

I'm really happy with how this page turned out. I also used the silhouette tutorial to create my swirls with a different background paper, and white edged the leaves and flowers I used.

Will come back and put the ingredients in.

'St Stephen's' digi layout - Forgeries on the Fourth - June 2016

this was the June 2016 kit inspiration - i liked the dark navy paper,
the turquoise green colours, the lettering and the rich red colour
and this.. I used the Happy style in my 'church' title

and this tutorial... I used to create the swirls behind the flowers
And this techique I used to create my flowers and leaves with a
white edge.

3 comments:

  1. Hey - thanks for your visit and comment, I've never tried digi scrapping but your page is great, love the flowers and swirls, and the colours are lovely..I am really enjoying seeing how everyone interprets the kits so differently...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice layout, those pops of white are such a nice touch to set off those darker elements. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late commenting :-( but this layout is such a stunner - I am always in awe of digi skills and this is no exception. The dark colours with the touch of white and those gorgeous windows! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...