Sunday 4 March 2012

Cheeky Girl 2012

I was so inspired by Gina's fortnightly comp at The Boxx 29th Feb - 13 mar 2012, that I grabbed the very first pic and went for my life. I've had this pic of my counsinette violet (vi) for some time, unsure exactly what to do with it. By accident it fell out on the page when I was looking for pics, and I thought - hey - you know what? That kind of sits quite well with those colours!

The inspiration from the comp was :
inspiration from The Boxx Fortnightly Challenge 29/2 - 13/3

My page : I got to use stitching again (how I've missed it). I don't have a machine (nor have any idea how to use one) so I use my beloved Midgemoo template, pop the holes and then use my DMC or other thread (left over from cross stitching projects) to hand stitch onto the page. The black on top and below the "cheeky" is black thread, and the blue "mobile" lines at the top are also hand stitched. I also got to use some eyelets and some of my favourite punches ATM. I've been sitting on the Scenic Route letters for ages - I love them because they are all at the same height - perfect for a layout like this one! I tired several times to incorporate patterned paper, but it just didn't seem to sit right. In the end I used the patterned paper to make the triangles!

Ingredients : Green Tara flowers, Basic grey brads, Carl flower punch, Martha Stewart butterfly & rabbit punches, white cardstock, (left over patterned papers are the triangles!), Jo Sonya Turners Yellow paint, Jo Sonya Cadmium Yellow Mid paint, Making Memories Eat your carrots paint, Making Memories Ocean Blue paint, Foam brushes, Midgemoo stitching template, black .02 and .08 pen, orange/white butchers twine, yellow ribbon, Pink Paisley Holly Doole 'orange crush' letters, Scenic Route Alpha Stickers 'sarah milne', etc

Cheeky Girl 2012 Kylie gW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...