Monday 9 June 2014

I made brownies!

This is a first for me. I bought a cake mix a while back, was just afraid to tackle it with so many extra ingredients which just sounded wrong. But today I bit the bullet, pulled out the box, 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of water, and 200g of butter, added a little something I thought it needed (chopped hazelnuts and macadamia nuts), and then went to work. After I baked it, it said to let it stand 5 minutes and then put it on the stand. Put it on the stand? How the heck do i get the whole thing out, when it didn't ask me to use oil or baking paper?

I went online to Donna Hay (she really does know everything) and watched her make her brownies and saw her cut hers out and then put them on the cooling tray. Ohhhh... now I see.

I went back to mine and did the same. Amazing that they all came out without a hitch!

I then dusted them with icing sugar, and took photos! Got to record this moment.

I'm excited I suppose because I've never made them before. They don't show up in any of my Nan's recipes, but I've always loved them. I just hope they are all edible!

I made brownies - see

Not bad for a first attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...