Thursday 24 May 2018

Marvellous May 2018

I was feeling joy and excitement in May, having moved up a level in my fitness program and moved ahead in my artwork as well. I thought this would translate across into my digital scrapbooking, but I was so distracted by a TV show I was watching (home improvements) and their terrible interpretation of one team to make a bedroom with the theme 'like a rap video' that it so disgruntled me that I set out to make my CSI 253 page into this style and correct their blunder! Yes - strange I know, but there you have it.

I therefore added BLACK to the palette, but it still seemed to work. I used flowers and leaves, and gold and metal like in the scene.

Rap music videos are very similar. There is this 'urban grunge' mixed with expensive sleekness.

CSI May challenge 'Sleek' digi scrapbooking layout


Ingredients: LorieM Designs Cherish - ddots | Christmas Wish Joyful K Cronin Barrow (letter S), Far [Far Hills Feast Love Skimersan 004 (gold rings), 002 (diamonds)], Helly Designs Leave This World Behind Flower 9 | DitaB Designs Click in Summer Memories Add On Element 58 (leaves), Aliya Because of You Element 7 (leather flower), Lou Cee Creations Link Me (gold chain), Scrapbook Fantasies metal disc, Far Far Hills Freebies Vintage Scans Kit of Old Style Frames 0010 (gold frame), Far Far Hills Vintage Style Ornaments Elements 0011 (scroll), Far Far Hills Vintage Ornaments Kit 0010 (swirl), [Far Far Hills Old Worn Metallic Surfaces patterned paper 004 (metal with studs), 003 (metallic edging)], Helly Designs Immortal Beloved bg12 (satin),  my own artwork ‘Method in the Madness No 01.

This is the page I did to work out for myself what this style
was about and how to achieve it.

CSI #253 inspiration piece

2 comments:

  1. That photo is stunning, using the dark blue background highlights the colour combination in such a dramatic way! Interesting inspiration too! TFS at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mind is just so interesting to me! I love the little glimpses inside that brilliant brain you give us on your pages!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...