Sunday 17 November 2013

Remember November 2013 orange paperie

The orange Paperie November comp with the sketch was very challenging. I kept thinking about how to make that sketch my own, with my own spin. Finally, whilst I've been sick with a high temperature, it came to me.

I used an old photo of my grandfather that I only recently discovered (circa 1919) and pics I took of some poppies down the road. As we've just had Remembrance Day I started to think about what that means to my family. We were extremely lucky in WWI - with only one death on Mum's side.

So I thought I'd do a page on the one story I've heard most of my life about WWI. A story of survival and luck.
Remember November 2013 - Orange Paperie Sketch comp Nov 2013

Orange Paperie Sketch Challenge Nov 2013

Will come back and put ingredients in.

3 comments:

  1. Such an appropriate layout for the month of November Kylie. Glad the inspiration came to you, you are so creative and always amaze me with what you come up with and this is no exception. Love how you took the photo of the poppies and added and that you have journalled this story . Fabulous layout
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story Kylie & I love your interpretation on the sketch. Colours a amazing & very appropriate page for November. Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch Kylie, and a lovely tribute to your grandfather and his brothers. Thanks for joining us again this month

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...