Sunday 20 October 2013

Nature Girl 2013 - digi layout

What can I say? I really enjoyed the bird like challenge and this almost hippie image to use as inspiration! I used one of my favourite pics from my childhood - I was about 14 years old in this one - it's the only picture of me where I think I look pretty. (I was actually at the Ricketts Sanctuary - amazing outdoor sculptures of aboriginal artist William Ricketts)

I wanted a page that showed the nature that I grew up with; hence the Yellow Rosellas - endemic only to my local area (slightly digitally altered one of my rosella pics to get a flying shot), the woodland trees, the river, and the splashes of colour of the wildflowers.

ARTastic October 2013 - plus wood n feathers

Nature Girl 2013 digi layout for ARTastic October challenge

10 comments:

  1. Kylie, you have captured the inspiration piece perfectly - this is a stunning layout and a delightful photograph of your teenage self. Thank you SO much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful take on the challenge, you have done a fantastic job with this. That is a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely arty piece, great photo and love your styling. Thanks for joining in at ARTastic this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet photo! The photo together with your story and the special decos, makes your LO totally unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie this is a super layout. Love all the details that you have put into your blog post too! I have not seen yellow rosellas before.
    Thank you for joining in at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic take on the challenge, the LO is really, really gorgeous, and you have managed to use both wood and feather too... Great Job!!! Thank you for playing along once again at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The layout really captures the essence of the challenge and the photo too! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of the 'sketch' & the colours of the inspiration Kylie. I love this photo too, you look lovely with that big tree behind. Thank you for playing along at ARTastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool and colorful. Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...