Monday 15 April 2013

Life is Spooky 2013 digi page

I was inspired by ArchiScraps April 2013 #10 comp to do this page. I often think life is scary enough in itself without having to go to horror movies or celebrate halloween, which is probably why I avoid them like the plague.

http://archiscraps.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/april-challenge-10.html - use this spooky gothic house as inspiration, plus chipboard:



2013 Life (is spooky) #10 ArchiScraps

I loved the spooky house, so I drew over it (by mouse) using Adobe Fireworks and captured the general shapes and then coloured them. I wanted it to be quite crude, because it made it look more tumbledown and spooky that way. The bats are also by mouse and the best I could do! I've never drawn them before!

I felt really low around Easter without my Nan there, so I suspect that's why this page is so dark and foreboding!

Ingredients : Chipboard piece – The Dusty Attic DA0547 wrought iron trim set (coloured grey), Far Far Hills Vintage Ornaments 0013 (‘tree’ behind the building and coloured grey and placed around the text), Basic Grey Black Tie Patterns ‘Verlaine’ (Harlequin), LorieM Cherish patterned paper p8 (grey textured background), Serviette with pattern brown n gold (used for ‘red moon’), Basic Grey Phresh & Phunky trim green (changed to red and used twice), DB Designs Love Birds Ribbon Blue Velvet Voile (changed to red), Basic Grey Hello Luscious Borders Border 6, Basic Grey Scarlet Letters Alphas Black (used for “Life”), door hinge (a photo of mine from the door of an old church, etc





7 comments:

  1. Wow what a clever page Kylie & I agree with you..life is scarier than a haunted hous!! Love everything here..so arty & amazing. Thank you for joining in with us at Archiscraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever page here Kylie. I used to be able to watch horror pics, until I had children that is, so now I can't as they upset me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool page! Love the techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your digi techniques Kylie. I wouldn't know how to start. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Kylie and very effective. With your added chipboard this isn't actually a full digi page - it's hybrid !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great technique kylie, thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kylie - Love it - your journalling is fantastic

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...